The Ravenclaw Prefect Election is a ceremony that takes place the last week of April. The current 3rd and 4th year elects a male and a female 4th year that will serve as prefect the upcoming school year. They will continue to serve as prefects in their 6th and 7th year. Democracy was one of Rowena Ravenclaw's virtues and the 5th year Ravenclaw prefects have been elected ever since. There is no limit to the number of candidates, but only two prefects can be elected. This was not the case in the school years 1980-1989, where 4 Prefects from each house was chosen.
1995-1996 school yearEdit
- Male candidates: Terry Boot, Michael Corner and Anthony Goldstein.
- Female candiates: Sue Li and Padma Patil.
1996-1997 school yearEdit
- Male candidates: Roland Abberley, Connor Clearwater, Christopher Fawcett, Lewis Thoverton.
- Female candidates: Hortense Cooper, Helen Dawlish and Margaret Ettington.
1997-1998 school yearEdit
- Male candidates: Hugo Mattingley and Justin Steele.
- Female candidates: Pamela Alton and Imogen Montgomery.