The Gaia School of Sorcery (Gaia Escola de Feitiçaria) is a Portuguese wizard high school. It was founded in 1440 and changed to its current name in 1961. It has an enrollment of 100 students.
- Year group 1: Age 10-11 and age 11-12
- Year group 2: Age 12-13, 13-14 and 14-15
- Year group 3: Age 15-16, 16-17 and 17-18
Year group 1Edit
Elective subjects The students must choose 2 each year so they have 4 subjects in 2 years.
- Muggle studies
Year group 2Edit
Elective subjects The students must choose 2 each year so they have 6 subjects in 3 years.
- Herbology (requires Herbology in year group 1)
- Defense against the Dark Arts
- Creative subjects (requires either music, drama or arts in year group 1)
- History (requires history in year group 1)
- Potions (requires potions in year group 1)
Year group 3Edit
The students choose between 5 branches of subjects. They must choose 2 branches. They will have all subjects in those branches for 3 years. They must choose 2 electives from the other brances. If the subject is taught on the level below, it is a requirement that the student have had that subject. For the branches, the student will be advised by a professor, and together they will determine which branches that are most suitable.
Language and Literature Portuguese, French, English, Latin, a self-studied magical language such as Mermish, Ancient Runes or Gobbledegook.
Outdoor Magic Magizoology, Fishing, Herbology, Agricultural Magic, Earth Magic.
Ancient Magic Alchemy, Magical Theory and Spell Creation, Philosophy, Astronomy, History and Ancient Studies.
Applied magic Defense Against the Dark Arts, Charms, Potions, Transfiguration, Medical Magic.
Creative subjects Expressive Arts, Photography, Communication and Culture, Fortune-telling, Muggle Studies.